Your bedroom should be a welcoming, soothing haven for rest and relaxation. And every furnishing choice you make can contribute to this. How can you choose furniture which boosts the cozy, soothing feeling in your bedroom? Here are five ways.
1. Include Storage. The more stuff you store out of sight, the better. And even for those who prefer to keep more things intentionally on display, it's more relaxing not having to look at or work around piles of stuff, cords, pet toys, grooming tools, and more. So incorporate storage into as many furnishings as you can. Opt for a bed with built-in storage, nightstands with drawers, or ottomans with interior storage.
2. Choose Soothing Colors. In general, bright and bold colors are more stimulating than soft and neutral ones. While it's okay to incorporate some pops of color, a light and airy base palette is usually more relaxing.
3. Use Layering. Layers add texture and warmth — both physically and visually. Use layering in different ways throughout the room. The most common place to layer is the bed, but you can also add comfy layering with rugs, upholstered loveseats and chairs, window dressing, and even wall treatments.
4. Remove Excess Things. The modern bedroom has evolved to include many activities aside from sleeping and relaxing. But these other elements remind you of all the other things you need to do and deter you from your goal of a restful experience. So move what you can out of the bedroom, including things like work desks, televisions, workout equipment, and even kids' stuff.
5. Personalize Furnishings. Because you are removing excess clutter and furniture from your relaxing space, it's more important to choose pieces that appeal to you more. Rather than buying stock items that are trendy or on sale, look for styles that mean more to you. Do you like soft curves and intricate detail? Then the right old-style furniture will relax you better than clean lines and minimalist style.
Where to Start
Finding the right furniture to achieve your bedroom goals can be challenging. While today's buyers have a dizzying array of choices, it's hard to weed through all that and find just the right mix. The best place to begin is to tour a furniture store near you and talk with its knowledgeable staff. They will help you narrow down your options and craft the perfect bedroom arrangement. Visit today to learn how.